Monday, July 4, 2011

My First Air Journey

29th May, 2011
8:00 PM
IIT Roorkee
It started raining and soon it grew up to be a storm. I, Shagun and Srajan were leaving for mess. But, we had to wait for almost half an hour before we could gather courage to leave when the storm slowed down.
I was going Delhi as I had a flight to catch the other day. I had got an internship at Bangalore. It was going to be my first trip to Bangalore, first to Delhi and more excitingly first air journey. My excitement can be well explained by Shagun and Srajan.
It was still drizzling, but I had to go to bus station to catch a bus to Delhi. I was accompanied by Shagun and Srajan. We could not find Rishaw, so there were three of us on the watered road leading towards the Bus Station. It wasn't a bad moment, rather I was enjoying it. The mild rain, the empty road and the two close friends were making it special. It was also my last moment at Roorkee as a second yearite. Luckily rainfall was mild and we managed to reach our destination without getting much wet. Quickly we managed to find a bus going to Delhi and I waved goodbye to my friends.
I am little biased to window seats and luckily I got one in the bus. Good things happen;). Then I switched on my iPod and started enjoying the wind. I so like sitting in window seat and enjoying the wind coming through the window. It makes me forget everything and sometimes remember everything. I thought of lot of things and enjoyed the journey.
It was around 2:00 AM when the bus stopped at some place near Faridabad for supper. The place was a commercial hub. You could get food, ice-cream, snacks, etc. I was not hungry so I thought to have juice. I went to a juice shop and asked for a glass of Orange juice. The guy poured me a glass of juice and as I finished it, he poured me another glass without even asking me. I thought he was offering me it for free and drank it. When I paid for juice, I regretted going to that shop, 80 bucks for two glasses of juice. Damn you juice-wala. Now I don't eat anything before confirming the price. Honestly I wasn't sad at the happening, I was rather enjoying the way the juice vendor tricked me. Then I bought Lays and went to the bus.
I reached Delhi at about 4:00 AM. Luckily metro station was near the bus stop. I waited till 6:00 for metro-station to open.
Now it was my first time in metro too. After standing in queue for some time, I managed to get magnetized token( electronic ticket) and then I reached New Delhi Station. I, like most of the people, liked metro. It was so sophisticated! Then from New Delhi to Airport, there was another metro called "Airport connect". Man, it was awesome. Soon I reached Airport.
So there I was at the airport at 8:00 AM in the morning to catch a flight of 3:30 PM. No doubt, I had hell lot of time to spend. I had a novel with me to pass the time. But before that, I needed to get some food. I ate veg-puff. Ah, it was so bad. I wouldn't give 5 bucks for it but I had to pay 45 bucks. I just don't understand why people pay so much for anything.
Meantime I started observing that place. I like doing this. I do it in class, during lectures and even during exams;). It was like in movies where people are moving fast, everything is so clean and sophisticated. People are so well dressed. I had some NSP too;). Then I dived into my novel. It was Nicholas Sparks' A Walk To Remember. I was already in love with the movie. Then at about 1:00 PM I checked in. Now the picture was even more less realistic. I again observed people around. Some were with earphones embedded in their respective ears. Some were busy with their laptops. Some were couples. The world was different. Then to satisfy my hunger, I ate Idli. Again, it was so bad, but I couldn't do anything. I could see the planes taking off and landing. This was so amazing. For the first time in life, I was seeing the planes so closely and soon I would be boarding one of them. After waiting for some more time, it was the time to board the plane. I went to the specified gate and stood in the queue. Before the passengers, the pilots and air hostesses left for the flight. Then we were taken to the plane in a bus. So there I was, standing in front a plane ready to board in. I touched the plane while boarding thinking it was the first time I touched a plane. I, like other passengers, was greeted by an air hostess. Soon I was in my seat. This time I couldn't get window seat but I got next to the window seat. Air-hostess welcomed us and conveyed the safety measures in three languages Hindi, English and Kannada. Then the plane took off. I saw through the window. The ground was getting farther and farther and soon it was hidden by clouds and all I could see was blue sky. Amazing site. The moments when the plane turned were exciting. Then I slept and woke up just before the plane was about to land. Landing part was also exciting. Soon we were in Bangalore. The weather there was so good. And it ended my 2.5 hrs' first air journey.

It is always special doing things the first time. So was this journey to me. I couldn't explain it nicely. But I think I will surely explain my other first-time-things in a better way. I will admire suggestions to improve my writing. Thanks

7 Comments:

At July 4, 2011 at 2:11 AM , Blogger Srajan_aWsoming- as always said...

bahut sahi..enjoyed reading...though u dont need to be v specific about some of the stuff like Lays,e-ticket,etc....but 1 thing is sure that u write much better than me !

keep posting ur blog !

 
At July 4, 2011 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Chirag said...

Thanx buddy!!
Will surely keep it in mind the next time I post.

 
At July 4, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Blogger PANKAJ KHATRI said...

Awesome...now i can say that you are on the right track..it was expected...the line that i like the most is "It makes me forget everything and sometimes remember everything"

 
At July 4, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Deshank Baranwal said...

cool...i had a similar experience...a bit more devastating though!!

 
At July 4, 2011 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Chirag said...

@Pankaj Thanx bhai :)
@Deshank Thanx!! You should write about it if it was more devastating. ;)

 
At July 11, 2011 at 1:35 AM , Anonymous Aditya said...

excellently written..... bro one things for sure u got a great blend of guts and creativity..its so nice that u give moments to feel and observe.... cheer up ...i cant cntrl my emotions
:)

 
At July 13, 2011 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Chirag said...

thanx aditya! I am motivated :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home